PRE REVENUE SERVICE ACTIVITIES. AC PROPULSION PROJECT
In 1971 the Cleveland Transit System received a grant contract from the Department of Transportation's Urban Mass Transportation Administration to test, demonstrate and evaluate a solid state AC propulsion system on three rapid transit cars. The retrofit process is described and illustrated in detail. The car check-out program to verify system performance is also described and specific problems and solutions discussed. The problems and unusual difficulties encountered in the pre revenue service effort are summarized in the report. The installation of a car carried computer based data acquisition system is described and the problems encountered in this unique effort enumerated.
- Prepared by Westinghouse Air Brake Co., Wilmerding, Pa.
Cleveland Transit System1404 East 9th Street
Cleveland, OH USA 44114
- Pier, J R
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Pagination: 71 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternating current motors; Electric power conditioning; Propulsion; Rapid transit; Vehicle power plants
- Candidate Terms: Traction drives
- Identifier Terms: Cleveland Transit System
- Old TRIS Terms: Propulsion controls
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00054476
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 18 1981 12:00AM