MISSOURI PACIFIC'S COMPUTERIZED FREIGHT CAR SCHEDULING SYSTEM: ADVANCED SYSTEMS STUDY
The Missouri Pacific Railroad has developed and is implementing a computerized system which will enhance freight car scheduling and overall service. This document describes the results of an Advanced Systems Study task, the purpose of which was to examine possible further exploitation of the car scheduling system developed under the contract. Reports of six areas examined identify important ways in which car scheduling could possibly be exploited. Missouri Pacific has not yet committed to develop the capabilities as described.
- See also PB80-217862.
Missouri Pacific Railroad CompanyMissouri Pacific Building, 210 North 13th Street
St Louis, MO United States 63103
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Pagination: 133 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic car identification; Car distribution (Railroads); Car location (Railroads); Car utilization (Railroads); Electric power transmission; Flow charts; Freight cars; Freight service; Information processing; Information storage and retrieval systems; Inventory control; Logistics; Management information systems; Quality of service; Railroad transportation; Routing; Scheduling; Transportation operations
- Identifier Terms: Missouri Pacific Railroad
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car distribution; Operating strategies
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00326037
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-OPPD-80-4 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-65139
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 19 1981 12:00AM