MISSOURI PACIFIC'S COMPUTERIZED FREIGHT CAR SCHEDULING SYSTEM: ORIENTATION MODULE
The Missouri Pacific Railroad has developed and is implementing a computerized system which will enhance freight car scheduling and overall service. This document summarizes the fundamental concept and describes the design and operation of the system for use on other railroads. It is user oriented in that it describes the input the user is required to make and illustrates, by example, the information that the system provides. It does not describe computer program organization or detailed file structures.
- See also PB80-217870.
Missouri Pacific Railroad CompanyMissouri Pacific Building, 210 North 13th Street
St Louis, MO United States 63103
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-3
- Pagination: 156 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic car identification; Car distribution (Railroads); Car location (Railroads); Car utilization (Railroads); Computer programming; Electric power transmission; Freight cars; Freight service; Information processing; Information storage and retrieval systems; Inventory control; Logistics; Management information systems; Quality of service; Railroad transportation; Routing; Scheduling; Transportation operations
- Identifier Terms: Missouri Pacific Railroad
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car distribution; Operating strategies
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00326036
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-OPPD-80-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-65139
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 19 1981 12:00AM