RAIL SYSTEM INVESTMENT ANALYSIS: MANUAL FOR DETERMINING RETURN FROM THE INDIVIDUAL CORPORATE PERSPECTIVE
The manual is addressed to railroad employees responsible for conducting financial analyses of projects proposed for inclusion in a railroad's capital budget. Parts of the manual, such as the executive introduction, will also be of interest to the railroad officials who review such analyses and make decisions based on them. The recommended procedures take the best features of the approaches currently being used on 13 railroads cooperating with the study. The recommended procedures have been carefully checked for theoretical soundness, and have been tested on several dozen actual railroad investments. The recommended procedures are consistent with the Federal Railroad Administration's regulations governing rate of return computations in applications for federal aid under Title V of the Rail Revitalization and Regulatory Act of 1976.
- See also PB80-214935. Prepared in cooperation with Banks (R. L.) and Associates, Inc., Washington, DC.
Ernst and Whinney1225 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Asst Secretary for Policy & International Affairs400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Pagination: 189 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Budgeting; Capital; Cash flow; Depreciation; Discount; Economic analysis; Expenses; Finance; Government funding; Hazards; Investments; Locomotives; Management; Operating costs; Profitability; Profits; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Return on investment; Risk assessment; Taxes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Discounted cash flow; Financial management
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Fixed investment
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00326029
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-P-10-79-27 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60097
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1981 12:00AM