RAIL SYSTEM INVESTMENT ANALYSIS: SAMPLE EVALUATION OF A LOCOMOTIVE REBUILDING PROJECT
The report is a case study showing how a railroad might calculate an internal rate of return for an investment project involving the replacement or rebuilding of worn-out equipment. Although the technical approach and format of the analysis conform to the requirement of Federal Railroad Administration regulations governing the Title V financial assistance program, the approach is applicable to any asset replacement analysis.
- See also PB80-214943. Prepared in cooperation with Banks (R. L.) and Associates, Inc., Washington, DC.
Ernst and Ernst1225 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Asst Secretary for Policy & International Affairs400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Cash flow; Construction; Costs; Depreciation; Economic analysis; Expenses; Financial capital; Fleet management; Government funding; Investments; Locomotives; Planning; Railroads; Reconstruction; Return on investment
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Replacing
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Capitalized costs; Fixed investment; Fleet planning
- Subject Areas: Construction; Economics; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00326028
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-P-10-79-02 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60097
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1981 12:00AM