TUNNEL CLEANING METHOD
A method has been devised to scrub tunnel surfaces clean by using rotating brushes, water and tunnel washing soap. Proportional Electro-hydraulic Control Valves provide accurate controls for the operator to position boom mounted brush heads on the tunnel surfaces. The four axle, 48,000 GVW carrier vehicle transports 1,000 gallons of water, 700 gallons of soap, operator and driver cabs, as well as all hydraulic components needed to accomplish the task of tunnel washing. Since the speed of operation is related to the amount of contaminant deposited and the surface condition of the tunnel, the effective forward travel speed of the washer varies up to a top speed of 143 ft/min.
Sacramento, CA United States
- Apperson, R W
- Publication Date: 1973-6-30
- Pagination: 95 p.
- TRT Terms: Environmental protection; Rapid transit; Tunnels
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Environment; Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00054474
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CA-HY-7107-1-73-01 Final Rpt
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jun 18 1982 12:00AM