SHIP SPRINGING-AN EXPERIMENTAL AND THEORETICAL STUDY
The results of an experimental and theoretical study investigating the main hull girder vibrations of Great Lakes ore carriers are presented. The source of excitation is considered to be the incident waves. The emphasis of the work is on the hydrodynamic aspects. Both linear and non-linear springing excitation are considered.
- Sponsored in part by American Bureau of Shipping, New York.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborDepartment of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
- Troesch, A
- Publication Date: 1980-5
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Girders; Hulls; Ore carriers; Vibration
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull girders; Hull springing; Hull vibration; Springing; Wave excited vibration
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00325851
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-940-80056 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-7-38060
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM