MODELS OF HELMSMAN AND PILOT BEHAVIOR FOR MANEUVERING SHIPS
The document provides a set of mathematical models for the helmsman and pilot which idealize their maneuvering behavior. These models should be of use as baselines in studying how human subjects actually maneuver a ship during various CAORF experiments. Comparisons to an idealized behavior will aid in evaluating results of experiments with different subjects performing the same or different tasks.
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointUnited States Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point, NY United States 11024
- Shooman, M L
- Publication Date: 1980-3
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Maneuvering; Mathematical models; Performance; Personnel performance; Steering
- Old TRIS Terms: Human performance; Steering efficiency
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00325838
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CAORF-40-7901-02
- Contract Numbers: MA-5-38003
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM