COMMANDANT'S INTERNATIONAL TECHNICAL SERIES. VOLUME VIII. REGULATIONS AND GUIDELINES FOR INERT GAS SYSTEMS
This report is concerned with a new international regulation on inert gas systems for tank vessels, adopted in November 1979 by the Assembly of the Intergovernmental Maritime Consultative Organization (IMCO). This regulation is the result of several years of study internationally by the IMCO Subcommittee on Fire Protection, in which some 20 countries participated. In addition, Guidelines which are recommended to governments when fitting inert gas systems in tank vessels in accordance with Regulation 62 of Chapter II-2 of SOLAR 1974 are attached. A third attachment represents the findings of the National Materials Advisory Board concerning material aspects of inert gas systems. (Author)
- Availability in microfiche copies only. See also Volume 6, AD-A028-791.
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Pagination: 113 p.
- TRT Terms: Marine safety; Noble gases; Regulation; Tankers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Inert gas systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Regulations (Inert gas systems); Tank inerting systems; Tanker safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00325832
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: USCG-CITS-80-1-1 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM