METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR DISPLACING OIL AND SEAWATER IN TANKS OF AN OIL TANK
Each compartment of an oil tanker is divided by a flexible membrane into first and second sections one of which is used as an oil chamber. The membrane is made of an oil-resistant and chemical-resistant material. When an oil is loaded, the second section is unloaded, the second section is filled with a ballasting seawater, collapsing the first section.
Sumitomo Electric Industries LimitedTokyo, Japan
- Iizuka, J
- Katio, S
- Matsuda, A
- Publication Date: 1979-12-18
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Ships); Oil tankers; Oil water interfaces; Patents; Pollution control; Tankers; Tanks (Containers)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Oil separators
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballasting systems; Membrane tank systems; Segregated ballast tankers; Tanker pollution prevention
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00325788
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM