PROCEEDINGS OF THE WORKSHOP ON GOVERNMENT OIL SPILL MODELING, NOVEMBER 7-9, 1979, WALLOPS ISLAND, VIRGINIA
A workshop on Government Oil Spill Modeling Activities was convened by the Environmental Data and Information Service (EDIS) of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), November 7-9, 1979. The workshop brought together oil spill model users and modelers for the purpose of fostering joint communication and increasing understanding of mutual problems. The workshop concentrated on defining user needs, presentations of ongoing modeling programs, and discussions of supporting research for these modeling efforts. The basic goals were to assure that current efforts are consistent with user needs and to provide a forum for technology transfer.
- From Workshop on Government Oil Spill Modeling; Wallops Island, Va., November 7, 1979.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration6010 Executive Boulevard
Rockville, MD United States 20852
- Bishop, J M
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Mathematical models; Oil spills; Simulation; Technology transfer
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil spill simulation
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00325784
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: CONF-7911109
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM