THE PUBLIC IMAGE OF PUBLIC TRANSPORT BY RAIL AND ROAD
IMAGE DE MARQUE DES TRANSPORTS COLLECTIFS FERROVIAIRES ET ROUTIERS
The results of interviews carried out in different social groups has allowed the psycho-sociological factors which influence the attitudes of population groups towards local public transport to be analysed. The analysis is made in terms of the requirements for movement according to three variables: habit, obligation and desire. The dominant image is of the attachment to public transport and more particularly to transport by rail.
Direction des Transports TerrestresSecretaniat D'Etat aux Transports, Direction des Transports
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 125 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Competition; Demand; Highways; Mode choice; Passengers; Psychological aspects; Public opinion; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Regions; Sociology; Transportation modes; Travel; Travel demand; Vehicle occupants
- Geographic Terms: France
- Subject Areas: Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00325754
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM