SURVEILLANCE AND COMMUNICATION ISSUES IN THE TRANSITION TO A DISCRETE ADDRESS SYSTEM, TASK A
The report discusses the transition from the ATCRBS-based surveillance function with voice radio only to a DABS-based surveillance function with integral digital communication capability to support IPC and automation. Recommendations are directed toward alleviation of certain problems already evident and toward preparation for the dployment of DABS beginning in the late 1970's.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/FAA033241062
- Report on ATC Surveillance/Communication Analysis and Planning Project Report.
Lincoln LaboratoryMassachusetts Institute of Technology
Lexington, MA United States 02173
- Wells, W I
- KRAMER, R
- Publication Date: 1973-12-26
- Pagination: 112 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Air traffic control radar beacon system; Mode S; Radar air traffic control; Surveillance
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00054457
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- ISBN: FAA-033-241-062
- Report/Paper Numbers: ATC-21 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA72WAI-242
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 18 1974 12:00AM