PETROLEUM STORAGE AND TRANSPORTATION CAPACITIES. VOLUME IV. TANK CARS/TRUCKS
In this report of the Tank Cars/Trucks Task Group, a demographic breakdown and a geographic analysis of the US rail tank car fleet, and the number of tank vehicles, with a capacity in excess of 3500 gallons, which might be called upon to safely haul petroleum products (including LPG and LNG) in the event of a national emergency are presented. In the appendices there are detailed information on DOT tank cars suitable to haul petroleum in an emergency, geographic distribution of tank cars, NPC 1979 survey of tank vehicles, and tabulation of NPC 1979 tank vehicle.
National Petroleum Council1625 K Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20006
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 82 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight cars; Liquefied natural gas; Liquefied petroleum gas; Petroleum industry; Specifications; Tank cars; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Petroleum trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00325748
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM