ANALYSIS AND MODEL TESTING OF A SUPER TIGER TYPE B WASTE TRANSPORT SYSTEM IN ACCIDENT ENVIRONMENTS
Sandia National Laboratories is investigating the response of a Type B packaging containing drums of contact-handled transuranic waste (CH-TRU) as a part of a program to evaluate the adequacy of experimental and analytical methods for assessing the safety of waste transport systems in accident environments. A US NRC certified Type B package know as the Super Tiger was selected for the study. This overpack consists of inner and outer steel shells separated by rigid polyurethane foam and can be used for either highway or rail transportation. Tests using scale models of the vehicular system are being conducted in conjunction with computer analyses.
- From ANS International Conference; Washington, D.C., November 17, 1980, CONF-801107-10.
Sandia LaboratoriesP.O. Box 5800
Albuquerque, NM United States 87115
- May, R A
- YOSHIMURA, H R
- Romesberg, L E
- Joseph, B J
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Containers; Hazardous materials; Information processing; Packaging; Radioactive materials; Radioactive materials; Radioactive waste disposal; Safety; Spent reactor fuels
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer analysis
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00325746
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Contract Numbers: AC04-76DP00789
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM