PROJECT FARE TASK I REPORT. URBAN MASS TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY
In the past, it has not been possible to get an accurate measure of the operating deficit of the transit industry or to obtain comparable measures of the levels of service being provided by the various transit systems. Therefore, Project FARE (Financial Accounting and Reporting Elements) was initiated to develop and test a candidate reporting system to accumulate transit industry financial and operating data and to categorize it uniformly. An improved information base such as this is a prerequisite to effective planning and administration of financial assistance programs for Federal, state and local government agencies. It will aid transit industry associations in monitoring performance. Individual transit systems will be able to compare their effectiveness with other systems portraying similar characteristics.
- Record URL:
Andersen (Arthur) and Company815 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20006
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Pagination: 84 p.
- TRT Terms: Accounting; Data collection; Databases; Financing; Operating costs; Performance evaluations; Public transit; Rapid transit; Reports
- Uncontrolled Terms: Reporting
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00054451
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-20008
- Files: NTL, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 18 1974 12:00AM