PROCEEDINGS OF THE OCTOBER 1979 WORKSHOP FOR CLASSIFICATION YARD TECHNOLOGY "A STATUS REPORT ON YARD RESEARCH"
The Classification Yard Technology Workshop was sponsored by the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) to present the results of current yard research under the Railroad Operational Improvements Program. The major program objectives are the development of technologies, quantification of areas for improvement, evaluation of components and systems, and improvement of effectiveness of railroad communication and control systems. These proceedings include the technical papers, responses to the workshop questionnaire, and comments of conference participants and panel members of the following areas of research: Yard Design Methods, New Concepts in Car Speed Control, Improvements for Car Presence Detection, Measurements of Rolling Resistance, Electromagnetic Compatibility, and Yard Computer Systems.
- Record URL:
Pacific Consultants47 Winter Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA United States 02108
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-12
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 208 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Classification yards; Computers; Design; Electromagnetic interference; Information processing; Process control; Proximity detectors; Railroad yards; Retarder control; Rolling resistance
- Old TRIS Terms: Dowty retarders; Presence detectors; Process control computers; Yard automatic control; Yard design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00325714
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-80/17, PC-DOT-01
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FRA-9126
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM