STUDY TO DEFINE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR RAILWAY LEVEL CROSSING PROTECTION ACCEPTABLE FOR TRAIN OPERATION AT SPEEDS UP TO 200 KM/H
The report analyzes accident reports from both railway and highway department records to identify causal factors in grade crossing accidents, classified in relation to possible counter-measures designed to prevent the consequential train/highway-vehicle collision. New conditions created by train speeds up to 200 km/h over grade crossings, are identified, and protective systems are proposed to achieve appropriate standards of accident prevention.
- Railroad-Highway Grade Crossings: Update, Bibliography 58.
Canalog Logistics LimitedMontreal, PQ Canada
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 375 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash investigation; Grade crossing protection systems; High speed rail; Railroad grade crossings; Traffic crashes; Warning devices
- Old TRIS Terms: Grade crossing accidents; Grade crossing protection
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00325711
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TP 1996
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM