DOMESTIC WATERBORNE SHIPPING MARKET ANALYSIS: APPENDIX C. MODAL SHARE ESTIMATES
In the shipment of a commodity group from one region to another, the water mode's share of the total tonnage has been related to strategic variables: length of haul, circuity, total tonnage moving, bulk or non-bulk character, commodity value, and location of producing and consuming sites in the regions. Highly significant regression equations showed length of haul to be the most important of these variables. Eleven reports are available as part of this market analysis. That includes the Executive Summary, three trade area reports, two financial analyses, and appendices A,B,C,F,T.
- See also Appendix B, COM-74-10418, and Appendix F, COM-74-10420. Paper copy also available from NTIS $59.00/set of 11 reports as COM-74-10410-SET.
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA United States 02140
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 148 p.
- TRT Terms: Competition; Inland waterways; Ocean shipping; Transportation modes
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00054444
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: G-048-K
- Contract Numbers: C-2-36258
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 18 1974 12:00AM