DOMESTIC WATERBORNE SHIPPING MARKET ANALYSIS: APPENDIX B. FORECASTING METHODOLOGY
Shipments of commodity groups from one region to another have been forecast on the basis of economic activity in the commodity producing and consuming sectors by the originating and destination regions. Econometric models have been developed relating historic trade flows with variables such as distance, total employment, producing and consuming sector employment and location coefficients. Methodological aspects are presented. Eleven reports are available as part of this market analysis. That includes the Executive Summary, three trade area reports, two financial analyses, and appendices A,B,C,F,T.
- See also Appendix A, COM-74-10417, and Appendix C, COM-74-10419. Paper copy also available from NTIS $59.00/set of 11 reports as COM-74-10410-SET.
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA United States 02140
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Competition; Demand; Freight transportation; Ocean shipping; Transportation modes
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00054440
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: G-048-J
- Contract Numbers: C-2-36258
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 18 1974 12:00AM