DOMESTIC WATERBORNE SHIPPING MARKET ANALYSIS: APPENDIX F. THE DATA BASE FOR MARINE MARKETING
The report contains 1969 transportation tonnage data for water carriers, rail carriers, and non-exempt truck movements for all origin and destination regions (as defined by the Bureau of Economic Analysis, Department of Commerce) considered potentially susceptible to marine carriage. The data are summarized in 19 commodity groups and contain more than 12,500 origin region-destination region-commodity entries. Each lane is forecast in five year increments through the year 2000 based on BEA projections of employment by industry. Marine market share in the year 2000 is estimated. Eleven reports are available as part of this market analysis. That includes the Executive Summary, three trade area reports, two financial analyses, and appendices A,B,C,F,T.
- See also Appendix C, COM-74-10419 and Appendix T, COM-74-10421. Paper copy also available from NTIS $59.00/set of 11 reports as COM-74-10410-SET.
Kearney (AT) and Company, Incorporated100 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL USA 60606
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 922 p.
- TRT Terms: Competition; Inland waterways; Ocean shipping; Transportation modes
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00054436
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: G-048-L
- Contract Numbers: C-2-36258
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 18 1974 12:00AM