CONTAINERSHIP DEMAND IN THE EIGHTIES
In the recent past a number of industry observers have forecast the near-term emergence of an overtonnage situation within the fully cellular, deep-sea containership fleet. Without exception these general observations have been unsupported by any analysis of historcial containerised trade volume development and objective assessment of future trade growth prospects--essential prerequisites for any thorough-going comparison of potential future demand for and supply of containerships. The survey examines and analyses past and potential containerised trade development in-depth, comparing and contrasting the likely level of deep-sea containership demand generated with the existing and scheduled fully cellular fleet and identifying emergent market imbalances. As well as serving as an invaluable reference document, the survey constitutes the only assessment of future global containerised trade growth prospects presently available.
- From Container Surveys 1980/81.
Cargo Systems Publications LimitedMcMillan House, 54 Cheam Common Road
Worchester Park, Surrey KT4 8RJ, England
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: n.p.
- CARGO SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL
- Publisher: Deutsche Bahn AG
- TRT Terms: Containerization; Containerships; Demand; Fleet management; Freight traffic; Surveys; Trade; Trend (Statistics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleet requirements; Survey reports; Trade analysis
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00324729
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM