PROBLEMS AND REQUIREMENTS OF DIRECTIONAL STABILITY AND CONTROL OF SURFACE SHIPS
This paper summarizes the stability and control problem for ships, and the various differential equations giving yaw dependence on rudder angle are developed. Experimental methods for evaluating the time constants are described. Non-linear behaviour is discussed.
- Proceedings of an International Symposium on Direction Stability and Control of Bodies Moving in Water, London, 1972.
Institution of Mechanical Engineers1 Birdcage Walk
London SW1H 9JJ, England
- Nomoto, K
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: n.p.
- Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science
- Volume: 14
- Issue Number: 7
- Publisher: Mechanical Engineering Publications Limited
- TRT Terms: Pilotage; Yaw; Yaw
- Old TRIS Terms: Course stability
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00323667
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Stevens Institute of Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM