CN "DOUBLE-TRACKS OUT WEST"
Canadian National has undertaken a complete rebuilding of the 764-mile Edmonton-Vancouver line in preparation for handling 75 MGT annually by 1990, much of this in unit trains of high-capacity cars. With $450 million already expended and $1.9 billion budgeted for the 1980 decade, the project calls for concrete cross ties, alloy-steel rail, and double track over much of the route. The P-811 Track Laying System is regarded as essential in assuring the productivity and controlling costs.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4175009
Murphy-Richter Publishing Company20 North Wacker Driver
Chicago, IL United States 60606
- Publication Date: 1980-12
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: p. 48
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Concrete ties; Maintenance of way; Rail steel; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Track laying; Unit trains
- Identifier Terms: Canadian National; Canadian National Railways
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail steel metallurgy; Track laying systems; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00325278
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM