MAGNESIUM AVAILABILITY AND DEMAND 1978-1984
The magnesium industry will grow thru the 1980s. The most accelerated growth will come from magnesium's use in steel desulfurization and in die casting. It is expected that the automotive industry will be a significant part of this growth. Production capabilities will rise to meet the increase in demand through productivity improvements and expansion of existing facilities.
- Prepared for the SAE meeting February 25-29, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Gove, R C
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 5 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Automobile industry; Casting; Demand; Die castings; Light metals; Magnesium; Manganese; Metallurgy; Supply; Vehicular materials
- Uncontrolled Terms: Supply and demand
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile materials; Magnesium castings; Magnesium metallurgy
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment; I34: Steels and Metals; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00325275
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800416
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM