HIGH MODULUS EPOXY RIM SYSTEMS
The RIM (Reaction Injection Molding) processing of several amine-cured epoxy resin systems has been shown to give a family of high modulus, high strength moldings with short "in mold" times. The mechanical properties of the RIM thermosets obtained from six different epoxy resin formulations are discussed in detail and the performance properties of epoxies and other RIM materials are compared.
- Prepared for the SAE meeting February 25-29, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- De La Mare, H E
- Brownscombe, T F
- Gottenberg, W G
- Overcashier, R H
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 7 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Amines; Curing agents; Epoxy resins; Forming; High strength materials; Modulus; Reaction injection molding; Setting (Concrete); Vehicular materials
- Uncontrolled Terms: Setting time
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile materials; Reactive molding
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment; I35: Miscellaneous Materials; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00325267
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800516
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM