ROBOTS AND AUTOMOBILES: APPLICATIONS, ECONOMICS, AND THE FUTURE
Over 55% of the world's industrial robots work in the automobile industry. This paper explores the relationship; starting with the definition of a robot, proceeding through types available, describing the applications, then considering economic and social justification, and, finally, speculating on what lies in store in the decade of the 1980s.
- Prepared for the SAE meeting February 25-29, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Engelberger, J F
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 7 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Applications; Automobile industry; Industrial robots; Machines; Personnel; Socioeconomic factors
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile manufacture; Substitutes
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Research; Society; Vehicles and Equipment; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00325253
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 80037
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM