PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE OF POWDER FORGING WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO FERROUS MATERIALS
The paper reviews the historical development of the steel powder forging process, shows why the chemical compositions in use were chosen and proposes international recognition of the current situation. Possibilities for future development are mentioned but a note of caution is sounded that whatever course is followed must have sound economic as well as technical justification.
- Prepared for the SAE meeting February 25-29, 1980.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Brown, G T
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Chemical composition; Economic factors; Forging; Metallurgy; Powder metallurgy; Powders; Steel; Vehicular materials
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile materials; Economic considerations; Powder metal products; Powder metals
- Subject Areas: Economics; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment; I34: Steels and Metals; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00325244
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800304
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM