EVALUATION OF THE BRAKE-FORCE DISTRIBUTION AND ITS INFLUENCE ON THE BRAKING PERFORMANCE OF LIGHT COMMERCIAL VEHICLES
The first part of this paper contains a description of the assessment criteria plus an analysis of the most important disturbance factors which can have a strong influence on the braking performance of a light commercial vehicle. The second parts contains a description of the equipment required for the simulation of a braking vehicle on process-computer-controlled test stands. The combination of calculation, brake simulation on test stands and concluding road tests ensures that an optimum commercial vehicle brake design is provided not only for practical operation but also for the safe fulfillment of legal specifications.
- Prepared for SAE meeting 25-29 February 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- GOEHRING, E
- Wolsdorf, P
- von Glasner, E C
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Brakes; Braking; Braking performance; Commercial vehicles; Delivery vehicles; Light trucks; Lightweight materials; Performance tests; Simulation; Vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Braking force coefficient; Light weight
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00325227
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800523, HS-030 185
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1983 12:00AM