DESIGNING WITH RRIM
With the completion of nine reinforced reaction injection molding prototype programs at Davidson, the feasibility of producing RRIM automotive body panels has been demonstrated. The advantages RRIM offers to the automotive industry are documented by data obtained in these programs and emphasized with an in-depth case study of one part. A set of material and design guidelines is presented which will help to ensure successful realization of RRIM's benefits.
- Prepared for SAE meeting 25-29 February 1980.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Nelson, G V
- Dabrowski, A J
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Automobile industry; Automobiles; Benefits; Building materials; Case studies; Forming; Guidelines; Injection molding; Motor vehicle bodies; Panels; Plastics; Polyurethane resins; Reaction injection molding; Reinforced plastics; Vehicle design; Vehicular materials
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile bodies; Automobile body panels; Automobile materials; Plastics (Reinforced); Reactive molding; Reinforced reaction injection molding
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment; I35: Miscellaneous Materials; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00325219
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800513
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM