AUTOMOTIVE CHALLENGES TO THE FINISHING INDUSTRY
The automotive industry faces several challenges in meeting both legislated requirements and market-place forces of the 1980's. Many of these challenges impact on topcoat finishing of appearance parts. This paper identifies these forces and describes anticipated needs and changes in topcoat finishing in response to these forces. The impact of specific legislation and the approaches being used for resolution are discussed.
- Prepared for SAE meeting 25-29 February 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Tudor, W F
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Automobile industry; Concrete finishing; Control; Impacts; Laws
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile manufacture
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00325209
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800522, HS-030 112
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1983 12:00AM