ASBESTOS FREE BRAKES AND DRY CLUTCHES REINFORCED WITH KEVLAR ARAMID FIBER
Kevlar aramid fiber contributes strength and wear resistance to asbestos free friction materials. The efficient strengthening provided by this fiber makes it possible to select inert fillers on the basis of thermal and wear characteristics with less concern about other physical characteristics of the filler. The resulting asbestos free friction materials can thus outperform the incumbent asbestos materials in critical applications.
- From SAE Meeting held April 14-16, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Loken, H Y
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Asbestos; Brake linings; Brakes; Clutches; Friction; Friction materials; Linings; Physical properties; Wear
- Old TRIS Terms: Fibers, nontextile
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00325146
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800667
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM