EVOLUTION OF THE NEW FORD LIGHT TRUCK FOUR WHEEL DRIVE INDEPENDENT FRONT SUSPENSION
A new Twin Traction Beam, independent front suspension system has been designed for 1980 Ford light duty 4x4 trucks. It was designed to provide: improved fuel economy, ride, handling and performance, while still retaining all the toughness associated with Ford's previous four-wheel drive models, which utilized the more common monobeam suspension.
- Prepared for SAE meeting November 5-8, 1979.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Bedi, G S
- Lake, WHR
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 48 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Comfort; Four wheel drive; Fuel consumption; Handling characteristics; Pickup trucks; Suspension systems; Suspensions; Trucks; Vehicle design; Vehicle drive systems; Vehicle front end; Vehicle performance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Handling
- Old TRIS Terms: Pickups
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00325058
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 791035
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM