WHAT'S BRIGHT YELLOW AND BASICALLY SAFE?
The 1972 DOT regulations setting minimum requirements for driver selection and driver training programs are briefly reviewed. A unique program to test drivers skills in Beaverton, Oregon is described. The annual 2-hour program tests driver skills and judgement with a minimum of equipment, planning and expense. In Volusia county, Florida, a 5-day training program is held immediately following the last week of school. In Minnesota, St Cloud State University has developed a series of workshops for school bus drivers. As part of their overall loss prevention programs, some insurers sponsor defensive driving programs to be run in conjunction with the school district's own series of training for drivers.
Alliance of American Insurers20 North Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL United States 60606
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: p. 6-8
- JOURNAL OF AMERICAN INSURANCE
- Volume: 56
- Issue Number: 2
- TRT Terms: Driver performance; Driver training; Drivers; Personnel performance; Regulations; Safety; School buses; Workshops
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00325032
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-030 820
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1983 12:00AM