SOME DISADVANTAGES FOR RAILWAY ADMINISTRATIONS WITH ELECTRIFICATION
This paper reviews some of the disadvantages of electrification, including: long term committment to fixed assets, relative inflexibility of transport capacity expansion, clearance limitations imposed by the overhead, problems of high speed power collection, the risk of accidents, and the impracticability of exchanging locomotives with other railways or regions unless the electrifications are identical.
Institution of Electrical EngineersSavoy Place
London WC2R 0BL, NY England 10016-5997
- Frostberg, J
- Publication Date: 1968
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric locomotives; Locomotives; Railroad electrification
- Identifier Terms: Statens Jarnvagar
- Subject Areas: Construction; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00054368
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: #50 Conf Pub
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1974 12:00AM