HISTORICAL SUMMARY, PERFORMANCE AND FUTURE OF PENN CENTRAL COMPANY RAILROAD ELECTRIFICATION. (FORMERLY PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD COMPANY)
This paper provides a descriptive history of the Pennsylvania Railroad (now Penn Central) electrification. It covers the routes, the power supply and overhead systems, the locomotives, and the multiple unit trains. A route map, a bibliography, and photographs are included. Also included are wiring diagrams, and graphs of performance, energy costs, and maintenance costs.
Institution of Electrical EngineersSavoy Place
London WC2R 0BL, NY England 10016-5997
- Kelley, W E
- Publication Date: 1968
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Commuter service; Costs; Electric locomotives; History; Locomotives; Multiple unit trains; Passenger cars; Passenger service; Railroad electrification
- Identifier Terms: Penn Central Transportation Company; Pennsylvania Railroad
- Subject Areas: Finance; History; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00054367
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: #50 Conf Pub
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1974 12:00AM