IMPROVED MANOEUVRING WITH INTEGRATED CONTROL OF PROPULSION AND STEERING DEVICES
Ships equipped with rudders and a combination of CP-propellers, transverse thrusters and asimuthing thrusters are difficult to manoeuvre with individual command levers for each device. A system, called Lips-stick, has been designed to ease this manoeuvring. It calculates, controls and distributes the desired settings of the steering- and thrust control units based on required ship translations and rotation. The integrated control system has been designed with the aid of systematic computer simulations. Order from BSRA as No. 54,426.
- Proceedings of the International Federation of Information Processing/International Federation of Automatic Control, held in Trondheim, Norway, June 16-18, 1980.
- Pronk, C
- Wesselink, A F
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 145
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Integrated systems; Maneuvering; Rudders; Simulation; Steering systems; Thrusters
- Old TRIS Terms: Control systems design; Rudder control systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00324767
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM