PREDICTION OF SUPERSTRUCTURE VIBRATIONS IN TANKERS
The paper describes the application of the IDASAP (Integrated Dynamic Analysis with SAP IV) analysis package developed for predicting low-order superstructure resonances by means of the finite element method. IDASAP is currently a suite of 4 computer programs for dynamic analysis of structures. The functions of these programs are; SAPD--Numeric Data Check. Static Analysis, Free Vibration analysis. SAPLOT--Plot of Model Mesh. SAPOST--Plot of Displacement/Mode shapes. RESP--Forced Response Analysis. Following an outline of the analysis tool, various modelling techniques are discussed with the aim of determining the most significant effects to be included in simplified and inexpensive models. A selected number of case studies of LPG/LNG carriers now in service are presented. Data obtained from numerical analysis and measurement is compared. Order from BSRA as No. 54,394.
- Proceedings of Euromech Colloquium 122 "Numerical Analysis of the Dynamics of Ship Structures", Paris, September 3-5, 1979.
- Larsen, J
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 237
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Finite element method; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Mathematical analysis; Mathematical models; Structural analysis; Structural mechanics; Superstructures; Tankers; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural response
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer programs (Structural analysis); Response analysis; Superstructure vibration; Tanker structural analysis
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00324764
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM