DESIGN OF ENCLOSED HARBORS TO REDUCE SEDIMENTATION
Guidelines are presented to aid in the design of small, enclosed harbors where the reduction of sedimentation is an important consideration. Sedimentation is assumed to result wholly from the settlement of suspended material carried into the harbor on a rising tide. Sediment deposition in both the harbor basin and the connecting navigation channel are considered.
- International Conference on Coastal Eng, Abstr-in-Depth, Sydney, Australia, March 23-28, 1980.
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Everts, C H
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: p. 394-395
- TRT Terms: Harbors; Sedimentation; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Sediment transport
- Old TRIS Terms: Harbor design
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00324733
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM