MOORING SYSTEM MANAGEMENT
Terminal Mooring Management consists of preplanning for the arriving ship and the expected weather, establishing a basis with the ship for maintaining a safe moor, and monitoring the ship's performance. The Master of the Vessel is responsible for the safety of the vessel. While moored, he must have trained personnel who are knowledgeable in mooring matters and know their mooring equipment (limitations and proper use). Above all, ship personnel must know when and how to tend mooring lines and must cooperate with shore personnel in protecting both the ship and terminal.
- Ports '80, Special Conference, Norfolk, Va., May 19-21, 1980.
New York, NY USA 10017-2398
- Mascenik, J
- Harley, R B
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: p. 763-777
- TRT Terms: Mooring; Moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Moored vessels
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00323464
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM