MARINE FENDER SPECIFICATIONS
Various parameters and characteristics which can be specified for a fender system are examined. Common factors such as type of elastomeric material specified, vessel approach angle, hull pressure, energy, reaction, deflection, type of installation, space envelope, vessel size range and types, fender physical size and fender arrangement are treated. The elastomeric fenders to be examined in relation to specifications are the direct contact type and those utilizing frontal frames bolted directly to the berthing structure.
- Ports '80, Special Conference, Norfolk, Va., May 19-21, 1980.
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Young, R A
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: p. 547-554
- TRT Terms: Design; Energy absorption; Fenders; Fenders (Wharves)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00323455
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM