NEW TYPE OF SINGLE POINT MOORING: "PROUD"
Fixed single point moorings (s.p.m.) eliminate the subsea moving parts which in buoy systems are subject to wear and fatigue. "Proud" (PRefabricated Oil Loading-Unloading Dolphin) is one such S.P.M. with a ship anchor-looking gravity base. It is towable from fabrication yard to site, self-installable by sequential ballasting, and recoverable. Sturdiness of rotating assembly on friction bearings and low maintenance costs are claimed.
- Ports '80, Special Conference, Norfolk, Va., May 19-21, 1980.
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Loire, R
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: p. 369-384
- TRT Terms: Maintenance; Mooring; Moorings; Prefabricated structures; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Dolphins; Spm maintenance and repair; Spm new concepts
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00323453
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM