ALL-METAL LOADING ARMS FOR BULK LIQUID HANDLING
The paper presents a review of design possibilities and requirements and describes the various possibilities which exist in the design of loading arms for common ports. The products that can be handled are mentioned. The main features of various available loading arm types are described. Particular attention is given to the structural aspects in loading arm design and considerations are given to stress analysis of loading arms and swivels. Various emergency release systems are described and their effect on the loading arm design. Control system requirements are mentioned.
- Ports '80, Special Conference, Norfolk, Va., May 19-21, 1980.
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Kemper, W
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: p. 661-676
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo handling; Bulk cargo terminals; Liquid cargo handling; Loading and unloading; Marine terminals; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk loading systems; Loading systems; Tanker loading
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00323452
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM