SPECIALIZED FENDER SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS AND DESIGN
Three studies are presented for the berthing of large vessels with low allowable reaction pressure loads. The case studies include specific design cases where large floating foam-filled or pneumatic fenders and floating donut fenders have been utilized. Fender selection, spacing, rigging and operational experience are detailed. These cases provide an analysis of several unique and specialized designs. General design requirements for dock fenders are also described, with emphasis on methods for calculating vessel energy absorption requirements, allowable reaction force and reaction pressure loads, and stand-off requirements.
- Ports '80, Special Conference, Norfolk, Va., May 19-21, 1980.
New York, NY USA 10017-2398
- Beach, R L
- Noel, B
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: p. 534-546
- TRT Terms: Berthing facilities; Docking; Energy absorption; Fenders; Fenders (Wharves); Impact; Impact loads; Pneumatic equipment
- Old TRIS Terms: Berthing impact forces; Berthing structures; Fender systems; Pneumatic fenders
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00323450
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM