MATH MODEL FOR HARBOR WAVES/SHIP MOTIONS/MOORINGS
This paper describes a numerical model for calculating: the response of the water surface in a harbor to excitation by open-ocean waves; the motions of a ship moored inside the harbor; and the forces in the ship moorings. The numerical model was validated by comparing the calculated responses with those measured full scale in the Port of Acajutla, El Salvador, or in hydraulic model tests. A number of harbor configurations, mooring arrangements and offshore wave spectra were studied. The paper reports only on the investigation of the existing harbor excited by a single offshore wave spectrum and the resulting motions and mooring forces of a single vessel moored inside the harbor.
- Ports '80, Special Conference, Norfolk, Va., May 19-21, 1980.
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Bomze, H
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 624-639
- TRT Terms: Dynamic loads; Electromagnetic spectrum; Harbors; Mathematical models; Mooring; Moorings; Ship motion; Simulation; Structural models
- Old TRIS Terms: Harbor models; Moored vessels
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00323448
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM