ANALYSIS OF THE INFLUENCE OF SUPERCHARGED AIR PARAMETERS ON EMISSION OF DIESEL ENGINE
The results of an investigation carried out in order to appreciate the influence of supercharging on emission and performances of direct injection engine are presented. Experiments were carried out on the test stand, on which independent stable regulation of supercharged air pressure and temperature was available. The influence of pressure and, independently, temperature on emission, engine performances, and combustion parameters are examined. The conclusions concerning the influence of inlet air pressure and temperature, scavenging airflow rate and air excess on emission level and combustion parameters are presented.
- Presented at ASME Meeting 3-7 February, 1980.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Ekert, K
- Kowalewicz, A
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers Papers
- Publisher: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- TRT Terms: Combustion; Diesel engine exhaust gases; Diesel engines; Performance; Pollutants; Superchargers
- Old TRIS Terms: Combustion technology; Diesel performance; Emission factors; Supercharging
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00323429
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASME 80-DGP-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM