INVESTIGATION OF VARIOUS TURBOCHARGING SYSTEMS FOR A MEDIUM-SPEED FOUR-STROKE DIESEL ENGINE
The requirements to be met by the turbocharging system of a medium-speed four-stroke engine and the evaluation criteria of the system are described. The decision in favor of the multipulse system is substantiated by tests carried out on an KHD BV8M628 engine with the pulse converter, multi-pulse and constant-pressure systems.
- Presented at ASME Meeting 3-7 February, 1980.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Vormstein, W
- Rauscher, G
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 13 p.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers Papers
- Publisher: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Emission control systems; Engines; Equipment tests; Exhaust gases; Marine diesel engines; Ships; Turbochargers
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel testing; Diesel turbochargers; Medium speed diesels; Turbocharged diesels; Turbocharging systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00323425
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASME 80-DGP-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM