THE PROPOSED BILL TO IMPLEMENT THE INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION RELATING TO INTERVENTION ON THE HIGH SEAS IN CASES OF OIL POLLUTION CASUALTIES, 1969
Legislative action consists of a bill to implement the International Convention relating to intervention on the high seas in cases of oil pollution casualties, 1969. The bill enables the government to take measures on the high seas to prevent, mitigate, or eliminate an oil discharge when that discharge endangers the U.S. coastline or related interests. Measures to reduce or eliminate the discharge may have adverse environmental effects.
- Supersedes report No. EIS-AA-73-0991-D, MRIS #048336. Final Environmental Impact Statement.
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20593
- Publication Date: 1973-11-5
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Contingency planning; Cooperation; International; International compacts; Pollution; Pollution control; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Pollution abatement measures; Pollution contingency plans
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00054296
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 20 1974 12:00AM