COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AND MANPOWER IN URBAN MASS TRANSIT SYSTEMS
This study contains an overall analysis of collective bargaining and manpower problems in the urban transit industry since the late 1930's. The effects of transfer from private to public ownership have been discussed in the collective bargaining structure and productivity of the system. Also the effects and prospects of increased governmental support for the transit industry have been analyzed. A subject index is included, as well as an extensive bibliography.
University of Pennsylvania, PhiladelphiaTransportation Studies Center, 3400 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA USA 19104
- Barnum, D T
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 438 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Collective bargaining; Labor relations; Labor unions; Management; Ownership; Personnel; Rapid transit; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Highways; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00054289
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-PA-11-001-72-3 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: PA-11-0011
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1974 12:00AM