PETROLEUM WEATHERING: SOME PATHWAYS, FATE, AND DISPOSITION ON MARINE WATERS
Three mechanisms of weathering of oil pollution on marine waters are discussed. Photolysis, interactions with trace materials, and sedimentation with particulate materials are considered as competitive to other fate of petroleum mechanisms and as having possible ecological importance. (Author)
- Ecological Research Series.
Pacific Northwest Environmental Research LabCorvallis, OR United States
- Feldman, M H
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Biodeterioration; Deterioration; Microorganisms; Oils; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil degradation
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00054264
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM